Personal injury lawyer
Personal injury lawyers specialize in tort law, which is the law of civil wrongs like car accidents, company wrongdoing, unlawful imprisonment, and more. To become qualified to be a personal injury lawyer in the United States, a person must earn a bachelor’s degree, followed by a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from a law school. Most states then require the person to pass the bar exam to become licensed to practice law.
Accidents are unexpected and not something you can plan for However, not all accidents are the same and in some cases, third parties such as individuals, businesses, manufacturers, and the government may be responsible for an accident that may result in your loss and personal injury. A Central Washington personal injury lawyer can help you with all your legal needs when you are injured.
One of your first questions, when you are injured by another person or business entity, is probably what personal injury is and what your injuries qualify for. Generally, personal injury cases can be filed in three situations.
|Personal Injury Lawyer|
The basis for a personal injury claim
The following are some of the three situations that can be defined as personal injury when you are injured.
Negligence: The most common basis for personal injury is due to the negligence of the other party. A party, business, or government entity may be considered negligent if their actions violate reasonable care or discretion. Basically, how would a reasonable person work in the same situation? Driving under the influence, ignoring the results of a doctor’s medical examination, and official misconduct by a government employee can all be considered negligent.
Intentional misconduct: Deliberate and intentional actions can cause personal injury. Under the definition of wrongdoing, personal injuries often occur during another offense or violation of your rights. Examples may include illegal detention, assault, intentional mental distress, and other activities.
Strict Liability: A liability claim is not based on purpose but on the action. Liability claims are usually related to product claims such as a defective consumer is good. In the case of such personal injury, if a company sells a defective product they are indebted to them for any injury which may be due to a lack of knowledge about the purpose of the business or the safety of the product.
Common causes of personal injury
A personal injury can have many causes and negligence can happen in many ways. Causes of these injuries may include, but are not limited to:
- Automobile and truck accidents that may involve negligence such as reckless driving, driving under the influence, and other such behaviors that may cause injury.
- Government negligence such as dealing with the state and its employees is the cause of injury.
- Dog bites are a common personal injury. Pet owners are responsible for their dog’s behavior and will be aware of any danger or behavioral traits of the dog that are expected to harm others.
- Premises liability is a broad category of personal injury and includes slip and fall accidents, accidents involving ice and snow on property premises, lack of maintenance, unsafe conditions, and other property-related issues. Such cases are often seen in shops such as business premises.
- A company publishes dangerous products that harm consumers. Product Liability Consumers may cover defective products, a defective manufacturing process, and other hazards when using the product.
Compensation for personal injury
There are many financial issues when you are injured that you are not worried about. This is understandable because even a minor injury can cause a major disruption to both your life and your employment. Both economic and non-economic losses are considered when seeking financial compensation.
- Economic losses include lost wages, lower probability of earning in case of serious injury, medical bills, need for recoveries such as therapy, follow-up care, and long-term care and treatment if required.
- Non-economic compensation is less clearly defined but no less important. These include factors such as loss of quality of life, trauma, pain, and suffering, and the emotional impact that an accident can have on you, both physically and emotionally.
- Finally, in the case of truly serious negligence, you may be subject to punitive compensation. This national award is so unacceptable based on the actions of the negligent party that further damages are rendered to serve as a statement (and warning) that such behavior will not be tolerated.
Keep in mind that many insurance companies will want to settle as soon as possible and are often much less than you owe and indebted for your losses. Never accept the first offer and once you hire an attorney all communication should be conducted through them.
WHAT IS A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM?
New York personal injury law gives accident victims the right to financial compensation when they’re hurt because of someone else’s careless, reckless, or intentional actions. In theory, a compensation award is supposed to make you whole again after an injury.
A personal injury lawsuit is a civil action to hold someone responsible for the harm they have caused. When we say “lawsuit” we know that accident victims imagine a stressful and expensive court case. In reality, insurance companies often prefer cases settled out of court.
Our lawyers are here to help you get every dollar you deserve. We know that money can’t really make you whole. But, our accident lawyers at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. are here to help you get as close as possible.
|Personal Injury Lawyer|
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
Personal injury lawyers are civil litigators who represent clients – commonly referred to as plaintiffs – alleging psychological or physical injury as a result of negligence or careless acts by another person, company, entity, government agency, or organization. Personal injury lawyers practice in an area known as tort law. This area of law specializes in civic or private wrongs or injuries, monetary or nonmonetary damages. This includes defamation and actions of bad faith or breach of contract to a person’s reputation, rights, or property.
Although personal injury lawyers are armed with licenses to practice in all facets of law, they usually handle cases falling within tort law, such as work injuries, flawed products, accidents caused by slips and falls, road accidents, and other related accidents. Personal injury lawyers help their clients secure compensation for losses incurred. These losses include the loss of capacity to earn, inability to perform normal duties, suffering, and pain. They also include expenses that may arise, the loss of companionship, legal costs, emotional distress, and attorney fees.
The attorney will ensure clients are safe from being victimized by companies that offer insurance and the established legal system. Personal injury lawyers are often referred to as trial lawyers, although most of their cases are settled before going for a full trial.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Any case or claim that involves an injury to the body or mind falls under the umbrella of personal injury law. Some of the most common types of cases handled by this type of lawyer include:
- Animal bite injuries
- Auto accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Construction accidents
- Defective products
- Insurance/bad faith claims
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
Why do you need a lawyer?
One of the most important first steps you can take when you are hurt by the other party is to hire an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Once you have proper legal representation you can more easily rest assured that there is an expert in your corner who is willing to fight for you, for your rights, and for what you owe for your injury. Your lawyer will help in a variety of ways throughout the litigation process. These responsibilities may include:
- Give advice and answer any of your questions.
- You are being updated about the status of your case.
- Communicating with the parties concerned such as the lawyers of the other party, the insurance company, and others as required.
- Do proper research to back up your claim like police reports, related documents, witness statements, expert testimony, discovery, and much more.
- To support your claim, research case lawsuits and past cases that were similar to yours.
- Research all losses to ensure you receive fair and equitable compensation.
- Advocate for you throughout the trial process and review any settlement if necessary.
How an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
An experienced attorney can be helpful for a variety of reasons. First of all, an experienced personal injury attorney will have experience assessing claims similar to yours. An attorney can help you decide if you should pursue legal action by assessing the strength of your case. It’s in the attorney’s best interest to give you a true and honest assessment of the strength of your claim because usually, personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. So, if you don’t win, they don’t get paid.
Dealing with injuries can be very emotional, which could prevent you from seeing the facts clearly. An attorney can provide an objective opinion about your situation. For example, you may want to make a rash decision if you’re offered a settlement, but an attorney will be able to stay objective and give you advice on if you should hold out for a better offer.
An attorney will be able to work through the often complicated legal procedures, confusing medical terms, and paperwork that are common to many personal injury cases. In addition, an attorney will often have a team of investigators and support staff to help him or her with preparing your case. With the attorney
The latest thought
Personal injury can have a significant impact on your life and recovery can be a long and very stressful process. You don’t have to worry about your medical bills, financial well-being, and caring for your family. When you hire an experienced lawyer your case will be handled by professionals who have helped many people like you deal with similar problems and situations. Once your case is in good hands you can focus on more important tasks like rest, recovery, and your family. When you accidentally lose money, whether it’s a person or a business, you have to pay financial compensation and have your case heard in court.